Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox depends upon correct selection. Selecting a gear unit is influenced by the course of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specified. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal gear units type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear systems type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement should be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Make reference to the rating table, see in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm verify the gear box ranking horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size should be selected such that the rated HP is equal or more compared to the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric electric motor for hoist drive in a course II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will be suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in class II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· Because the consumed HP is usually 9, the unit HB-350 will end up being suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric engine for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will become suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in course IV duty the rated HP is 3
Click to see independent evaluations about crane duty helical gearbox.