Gearing Arrangement: Worm Brand Name: EED
Input Speed: 1400 rpm Certification: CE, ROHS, ISO9000
Rated Power: 3 ~ 4KW Output Torque: 2.8-2430N.M
Color: Blue/Silver or on request Origin: ZHangZhoug, China (Mainland)
Warranty: 1 Year Ratio:1/10.1/15,1/20,1/25,1/30,1/40,1/50,1/60
Supply Ability: 20000 Piece/Pieces per Month
Extra Service: OEM is welcome
QC System: ISO9001:2008
Packaging & Delivery
Package: Wooden box/Paper carton
Port: HangZhou/ZheJiang or on request
1. Widely used in turbines, shaft liners and axletrees, good resistance to wearing, with high precision in
dimensions, lower noise, advanced centric running castings
2. Without vent and highly precision
3. The whole structure is compact and the weight is larger
Notice of installation
1 .Thebase-plate must be plane and stoutness, and the base-plate must be screwed downand shockproof.
2. Theconnecting shaft of prime mover, reducer and operation device must be coaxialinstallation.
3 .Thediameter tolerance zone of input and output shaft is H6, the holes of fittings(such as couplings, belt-
pulley, sprocket wheel and so on) must properly matethe shaft, which prevents bearing from breakage be-
-cause of over-loose mate.
4. Driverssuch as sprocket wheel and gear must be fitted close to bearings in order toreduce bending stre-
-ss of hanging shaft.
5. Whiteassembling motor of WPD reducer, it is necessary that proper amount of butterapplies to the worm
shaft input hole and keyway, avoiding assembling tootightly and rusting after using for a long time.
6. WhenOrdering or using all kinds of WPD type, if the motor weight is binger than thecommon, supporting
set is required.
Notices of usage
1 .Before using, please check carefully whether the reducer model, distance, ratio, input connecting method,
output shaft structure, input and output shaftdirection and revolving direction accord with requirement.
2 .According to the requirement of selecting lubricant oil in the productmanual, please fill proper category and
brand lubricant. And then screw on thevent-plug; Unlock the small cone-plug of vent-plug. Only after doing th-
ese, reducer is already for starting up running. The proper brand and adequatelubricant oil is required, replac-
ing oil in time conforming to the request ofproduct manual is also necessary, especially after using first 100 h-
ours, it isrequired refilling new oil.
3 .Whenabnormal circumstances occur, please stop and check reducer per solutions andreasons for faults of
reducer (allowable highest oil temperature is 95, under this temperature limit, ifoil temperature no more goes
up, please let reducer continue running.
About CHINAMFG since 1984
HangZhou Melchizedek Import & Export Co., Ltd. is a leader manufactur in mechanism field and punching/stamp
ing field since 1984. Our main product, NMRV worm gear speed reducer and series helical gearbox, XDR,
XDF, XDK, XDShave reached the advanced technique index of the congeneric European and Janpanese produc
ts, We offer standard gears, sprockets, chains, pulleys, couplings, bushes and so on. We also can accept orders
of non-standard products, such as gears, shafts, punching parts ect, according to customers’ Drawings or sam-
Our company has complete set of equipment including CNC, lathes, milling machines, gear hobbing machine, g-
ear grinding machine, gear honing machine, gear shaping machine, worm grinder, grinding machines, drilling m-
achines, boringmachines, planer, drawing benches, punches, hydraulic presses, plate shearing machines and s-
o on. We have advanced testing equipments also.
Our company has established favorable cooperation relationships with sub-suppliers involving casting, raw mat-
erial, heat treatment, surface finishing and so on.
|Application:||Motor, Machinery, Agricultural Machinery|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Shape:||Conical – Cylindrical Gear|
Maintenance Tips for Prolonging the Life of a Worm Gearbox
Proper maintenance is essential to ensure the longevity and reliable performance of a worm gearbox. Here are some maintenance tips to consider:
- Lubrication: Regularly check and replenish the lubricant in the gearbox. Use the recommended lubricant type and quantity specified by the manufacturer.
- Lubrication Schedule: Follow a lubrication schedule based on the operating conditions and manufacturer recommendations. Regular lubrication prevents friction, reduces wear, and dissipates heat.
- Temperature Monitoring: Keep an eye on the operating temperature of the gearbox. Excessive heat can degrade the lubricant and damage components.
- Cleanliness: Keep the gearbox and surrounding area clean from debris and contaminants. Regularly inspect and clean the gearbox exterior.
- Seal Inspection: Check for any leaks or damage to seals and gaskets. Replace them promptly to prevent lubricant leaks and contamination.
- Alignment: Ensure proper alignment between the worm and worm wheel. Misalignment can lead to increased wear and reduced efficiency.
- Torque Monitoring: Monitor the torque levels during operation. Excessive torque can cause overloading and premature wear.
- Regular Inspections: Periodically inspect all components for signs of wear, damage, or unusual noise. Replace worn or damaged parts promptly.
- Proper Usage: Operate the gearbox within its specified limits, including load, speed, and temperature. Avoid overloading or sudden changes in operating conditions.
- Expert Maintenance: If major maintenance or repairs are needed, consult the manufacturer’s guidelines or seek the assistance of qualified technicians.
By following these maintenance tips and adhering to the manufacturer’s recommendations, you can extend the lifespan of your worm gearbox and ensure its optimal performance over time.
Diagnosing and Fixing Oil Leakage in a Worm Gearbox
Oil leakage in a worm gearbox can lead to reduced lubrication, increased friction, and potential damage to the gearbox components. Here’s a step-by-step process to diagnose and fix oil leakage:
- Inspect the Gearbox: Perform a visual inspection of the gearbox to identify the source of the leakage. Check for oil stains, wet spots, or oil pooling around the gearbox.
- Check Seals and Gaskets: Inspect the seals, gaskets, and O-rings for any signs of wear, cracks, or damage. These components are common points of leakage.
- Tighten Bolts and Fasteners: Ensure that all bolts, screws, and fasteners are properly tightened. Loose fasteners can create gaps that allow oil to escape.
- Replace Damaged Seals: If you find damaged seals or gaskets, replace them with new ones. Use seals that are compatible with the operating conditions and lubricant.
- Check Breather Vent: A clogged or malfunctioning breather vent can cause pressure buildup inside the gearbox, leading to leakage. Clean or replace the breather vent if necessary.
- Examine Shaft Seals: Check the shaft seals for wear or damage. If they’re worn out, replace them with seals of the appropriate size and material.
- Use Proper Lubricant: Ensure that you’re using the correct lubricant recommended for the gearbox. Using the wrong type of lubricant can cause leaks.
- Apply Sealants: In some cases, applying a suitable sealant to the joints and connections can help prevent leaks. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for proper application.
- Monitor Leakage: After addressing the issues, monitor the gearbox for any signs of continued leakage. If leakage persists, further investigation may be required.
- Regular Maintenance: Implement a regular maintenance schedule that includes checking seals, gaskets, and other potential leakage points. Timely maintenance can prevent future leakage issues.
If you’re unsure about diagnosing or fixing oil leakage in a worm gearbox, consider consulting with a professional or gearbox manufacturer to ensure proper resolution.
How to Select the Right Worm Gearbox for Your Application
Selecting the right worm gearbox for your application involves careful consideration of various factors:
- Load Requirements: Determine the torque and load requirements of your application to ensure the selected gearbox can handle the load without compromising performance.
- Speed Reduction: Calculate the required gear reduction ratio to achieve the desired output speed. Worm gearboxes are known for high reduction ratios.
- Efficiency: Consider the gearbox’s efficiency, as worm gearboxes typically have lower efficiency due to the sliding action. Evaluate whether the efficiency meets your application’s needs.
- Space Constraints: Assess the available space for the gearbox. Worm gearboxes have a compact design, making them suitable for applications with limited space.
- Mounting Options: Determine the mounting orientation and configuration that best suits your application.
- Operating Environment: Consider factors such as temperature, humidity, and exposure to contaminants. Choose a gearbox with appropriate seals and materials to withstand the environment.
- Backlash: Evaluate the acceptable level of backlash in your application. Worm gearboxes may exhibit more backlash compared to other gear types.
- Self-Locking: If self-locking capability is required, confirm that the selected gearbox can prevent reverse motion without the need for external braking mechanisms.
- Maintenance: Consider the maintenance requirements of the gearbox. Some worm gearboxes require periodic lubrication and maintenance to ensure proper functioning.
- Cost: Balance the features and performance of the gearbox with the overall cost to ensure it aligns with your budget.
Consult with gearbox manufacturers or experts to get recommendations tailored to your specific application. Testing and simulations can also help validate the suitability of a particular gearbox for your needs.
editor by CX 2023-10-18